Unable to remove my roller from the door

A quick learner from Boynton Beach, FL says:
First picture is clearly backwards but is what I believe to be the serial number from the door itself. As you can see there are two screws on each side of the door but the top one will unscrew but not come out of the hole. The bigger screw comes out completely but the roller does not move. I do not think the bottom of the door comes off as shown in your video as the last picture shows a seal around the glass. How do I get these rollers out???
Patio door rolle
roller
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
To remove the roller from this patio door, you must first remove that bottom door rail. Your best bet would be to lay the door on a strong work table or set of saw horses. With the door laying securely on a stable surface, remove the frame screw at each end of the bottom rail of the door. The other screw you speak of is the adjustment screw which will stay with the roller housing. With the frame screws removed, try to tap off the bottom rail using a block of wood and a hammer. In most cases the bottom rail can be removed. Be careful not to damage the glass or frame of the door. If you are not confident about this project you might want to get the help of a professional.
A quick learner from Boynton Beach says:
I saw a video on that, but this door seems to have a seal on the bottom of the glass and bottom of the frame (see pic, bottom of the door is to the right). How do I get the bottom off without breaking that???
window seal
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
That seal is a type of wrap around/marine glazing. It's similar to our 59-234. When you remove the bottom rail from the door, just make sure you don't tear the glazing. It should just wrap around the glass, there shouldn't be any adhesive holding it in place. When you reinstall the bottom rail it should keep the glazing in place on the glass. If you are not sure you might want to hire a contractor familiar with replacing patio door rollers.
How to replace the 81-013 and 81-014 Silverline patio door rollers
How to replace the 81-013 and 81-014 Silverline patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.