Unidentified Window Sash

A quick learner from Matamoras, Pa. says:
After pulling the window out to clean the outside of it, the pulleys remained in the bottom of the track (so that the window would neither stay in the upright position, nor close completely.
There are no names, numbers, or identifying marks on the widow or the pulley.
If the pulleys in my pictures cannot be identified, can they be replaced?
Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7187F504-3170-442F-B149-600AA2E56D47.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1FF472D8-941A-4EF7-8BF9-8B85F0BBFBB6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6A7A89C2-4E3C-4FA1-972C-D727CE480715.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! The part in your photo appears to be the pivot shoe, not the pulley; this is an important distinction as the pulley is typically located inside of the channel balance. If it is damaged then total replacement of the balance is necessary, which is a lot more difficult than just swapping out the shoe.

If the pictured shoe is all you need then my recommendation would be the 15-105. We also sell the 15-056 retainer, if you needed it.

A quick learner from Matamoras, Pa. says:
Thank you for response it was very helpful. However, how can I tell if the pivot shoe and pivot retainer are broken?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You had said that it stayed at the bottom of the track when you raised the window, which gave me reason to think that they were broken. If you can't see any visible damage or wear, though, then I'm not sure what the issue may be. It could be a problem with the pivot bar or even the balance itself.

Based on your description of the problem it sounded like the pivot shoes were the source of the problem, but if you have any doubts then you will definitely need to give everything a careful once-over.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.