Unique channel balance pivot lock shoe broken

A quick learner from US says:
Good day,
I am looking for a replacement pivot lock shoe. Attached is a picture of the broken piece. It came from a Unique brand window with 26-0-20 labeled on it.

Thank you for any help.
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello there. Unfortunately, Unique balance manufacturer has gone out of business. Was this piece attached to a balance by chance? If so, would you be able to send us a photo of the balance?

If we were to give an educated guess based on everything you provided, our S795-27 channel balance with a 15-195 t-lock balance shoe could be used as a replacement. However, I don't believe the 15-195 will fit into your Unique channel balance. Look over the parts mentioned. Get back to us with thoughts as well any additional information you may have on this part, and more photos of the hardware this piece was attached to.
A handy person from GA says:
Thank you Paul. Here is a pic of the balance with the broken part of the pivot lock shoe. The channel on the window assembly is only 1" wide.

I hope this helps out with finding a replacement.

Thank you
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Okay assuming your metal channel is 27", I believe you can use our S795-27. If the shoe is 1" wide, I also recommend purchasing our 15-194 separately and swapping it out with the default shoe when you receive them. Also keep in mind that the S795-27 installs at the top using a screw tab, not a hook. If yours uses a hook, please let me know.
A handy person from Ga says:
Tom, I'm assuming since 26-8-20 is stamped on the balance that it is a 26 inch. Actually the balance is fine, it is the pivot shoe that is broken. If I could find the correct shoe then it's an easy swap. If not then I would need a new balance and shoe. Also, the current balance installs at the top worth a screw. Thanks again for all the help
Profile picture of Paul
I'm afraid you won't be able to use our T lock shoes in your balance. Unique used a different style, so ours won't be able to fit in the balance.

I recommend measuring the length of the metal channel to confirm what size you need. In my experience, Unique balances are 1" longer than what the stamp indicates. There is a reason for this, but it's convoluted, so I won't go into it. At the end of the day you should just measure to be sure. Just know that in most cases the stamp is not a literal representation of any physical aspect of the balance, it just indicates what the spring strength rating is.
A handy person from GA says:
O.K. guys. I double checked the length and metal top to bottom is 27". Also, the balance is .5 wide and .5 deep. the shoe must be a "T" because there is a broken piece inside the balance and the broken piece that fell of is almost 1 1/4". Thoughts?

Thank you all!
Profile picture of Paul
Sounds like our S795-27 can work as a replacement. If the T-shoe is 1-1/4" wide, then the default shoe that comes with this balance should work fine. I'd also recommend the 27B option.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.