Unknown Storm Door Vinyl Stop

A quick learner from Grand Rapids, MI says:
I have a vinyl glazing stop that has been pulled out of a storm door. I have not found an identical stop online anywhere, but I hope that one of you wonderful people will have a solution for me. Thanks in advance!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Vinyl Stop.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Vinyl Stop Diagram.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Vinyl Stop Cross Section.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We definitely don't have this stop, but fortunately we do have a solution. It's just a little different. 

What we usually recommend in this situation is to use a small plastic clip like our 70-180 and a screw like our 70-112. If you distribute these evenly around your door, it will hold the storm glass panel in place the same way as the old strip. This is how they used to do it back in the day and we find that it still works perfectly well for modern doors.

The problem with the retainer strip that you have now is that each manufacturer makes their own design, and they'll even change their own design from year to year and from door to door. It makes it next to impossible for companies like us to keep up, so we opt for the older method. It's simpler, even if it is a little more work.

How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.