Unknown manfuacture windows channel need parts

A home owner from 95008 says:
Hi there,
I have both window channel fell off the other day. I couldnt identify the manufacture but only something look alike model number 32 6 BU CMC at the metal part of of the window channel.

One balance top is broken. The other seems to be top sashe guides, both are broken.
Which parts can fit to my hardware?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2106.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2107.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2109.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2110.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure, if you only wanted to replace the top nylon fitting on your balance then you can use our 19-005. See the video below for instructions on how this may be done.

You may want to consider getting an all new balance, though. 
As for the top sash guide, can you show me an undamaged version? I'd like to see it from the front and side, like a mugshot. I'd also like to know its dimensions. Thanks!
A quick learner from California says:
Thanks for the update-
I unscrewed one of the broken sach guides-
In the image 2146, the top right corner is broken.
Dimensions are-
H: 1 1/2"
W: 5/8"
D: 3/8"

For the channel balance, why would you suggest replace the entire balance, instead of only the nylon fitting?

thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2143.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2145.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2146.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm still not sure what this top sash guide may be. I'd really like to see an undamaged version, if possible.

As for why you might want a new balance, it's because when the nylon fittings break it's usually a sign that the springs aren't far behind. You may be able to squeeze a year or two out of these balances, depending on how often you use the windows, but I wouldn't bet on them lasting much longer. Just something to keep in mind.

Got it. Can you also provide me the link for compatible channel balance for replacement?

As to the undamaged sasch, I would need some help to take down the other window. Will send the picture tomorrow.
Profile picture of Tom

Sure thing! We already mentioned that you have the 19-005 top nylon fitting, but that's only half of the equation. This particular fitting works on a bunch of different Series. To narrow it down further, we'd need to see the bottom nylon fitting.

hi,
Sorry it took me awhile to get all the measurements.
i put the measurement all in the pictures and hope those are enough for you to identify the parts.

Once you identify the parts can you kindly give me a list of parts for purchase?

have a nice weekend!
Carole
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2350.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2351.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2355.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2356.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2357.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Carole. This top sash guide is a bit weird. The closest match in our inventory is our 18-188, but the dimensions are still very different. I'm afraid I couldn't find anything better, though. There is no guarantee that it will work in your window. Sorry that we can't offer a closer match!

As for the balance, you're still showing the top nylon fitting. We need to see the bottom nylon fitting.

Hi Tom,
Here are more pictures and measurement of the window balance.I will take down the window and measure the sash one more time, see if I possibly did the wrong measure.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2436.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2437.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2438.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2439.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thanks! Since the bottom fitting has a depth of 1", I recommend our S380-33 channel balance with a 3260 option.

Hi there,
Glad I found this message thread again. Different window panel this time but some model. I noticed that a small metal hook fell out of the window frame this week. Also the window balance is at the bottom of the track and doesnt seem to attach to anywhere.
Which part do i need to replace it? Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3084.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3083.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hello again! I think we can help with this, too. That metal hook is the clip that connects the balance to the track. Without that, there's nothing actually holding the balance to the window, which also explains why it fell down. Think of it like cutting the anchor off a ship.

The only solution to this is to replace the entire balance. I wouldn't recommend replacing the hook by itself even for newer balances, let alone something that's been in use for years. Since this is the same model window, we can reasonably assume that this is another Series 380. All you have to do at this stage is measure the metal channel for length and make note the stamp, same as before. You should also check the nylon fittings just to be 100% sure that they're the same as our Series 380. Reasonable assumption though it may be, it's not necessarily a guarantee.

Thanks. One last question, do i replace only the damaged balance or need to replace both balance per window?
Profile picture of Tom

We always recommend replacing both balances in a single window at the same time. The reason for this is because older balances tend to lose a lot of their original tension over the years, so they're weaker than they were when brand new. If you mix old and new balances, the newer (and therefore stronger) spring has to work extra hard to pick up the slack for its weaker partner, which leads to excess strain. Replacing in pairs avoids that issue entirely.

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.