Unmarked Windows

A quick learner from Upper Marlboro MD says:
I am trying to locate the tilt unit, coil spring and latch. Everything you see in the photo plus the spring. Any help is appreciated.
User submitted a photo of a coil balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I think we can help. The good thing about this kind of balance system is that you only need to replace what's broken. Take a look at our Series 190 coil spring. You will need to take a look at your spring to get the number stamped on it so you can find the right one. For example, if your coil has a 440 stamp then you would need the S190-440 coil.

Some of the other parts you could look at are our 15-186 balance clip and the 15-180 shoe.
A friend from Arizona says:
Thanks for your help.
I purchased the coil balance shoe and clip from you a few days ago
My coil and balance shoe is at the bottom of the window while the clip with another coil is at the top of the window. This is a large double hung, vinyl window.
I notice the photo above while trying to find out why after installing the new parts, my window does not stay up.
May be a stupid question but are the springs connected to the clip supposed to be connected to the spring at the bottom on the coil balance shoe? If so, my springs are broken. I checked them while installing the new parts and I don't see anything stamped on the springs.
Do you have a video showing the installion of The could balance shoe and the coil balance clip and how they did together?
Also, getting the tilt window out was easy. Getting it back in was hard. Maybe because it is so heavy.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
For double coil springs, the company used our 15-181 coil spring support with 15-180 pivot shoe. Both springs will be screwed to the pivot shoe. Are you able to see a number stamped near the end of the spring near the screw hole? If not, weigh your sash. With such a large window you may have trouble reinstalling the sash back in the pivot shoes. We have a generic media guide on the coil spring pivot shoe.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.