Unsure of size

A handy person from CA says:
Hi,
I have a 380 series balance that needs replacing (it definitely has a 15-005 shoe).

The metal length is 15 3/4", and the stamp is 15 - 3 BSI RE.

What would you recommend?

Thanks
Greg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Greg. Are you sure you have the Series 380? There is a certain balance that is similar in design, but comes in lengths that end on the 5/8". This may be what you have.

To confirm, I'd like you to take a picture of the top and bottom nylon shoes on your balance and of the stamp. There should also be a metal hook at the end of the cord, which we will also need to see.

Hi Tim, Thanks for your reponse, I pulled it apart and took a bunch of photos

Regards
Greg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for getting back to us. I suspected this would be what you have. Our Series 380 will not replace this. You have a special kind of balance that will need to be custom made. Thanks to these pictures, we have everything we need to get started. Can you just tell me how many you need? Once I know that, I'll email you an order link and price quote.

Hi Tom,
I need two of these pls. I've no idea of the window weight, its a vinyl milguard, 22" wide, 18" high.

Regards
Greg
Profile picture of Tom

That's fine, we don't need to know the weight of your sash. Your stamp (which is 15-3) tells us the spring calibration needed. I'll email you an order link for 2 of these right now.

Hi Tom,
Appreciate the follow-up on this, didn't realize you guys made custom pieces, that's good to know.

Have placed the order, and waiting for shipment.

Thanks again for all your help.
Greg
Profile picture of Tom

You're welcome! Thanks for your order.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.