Upper sash security latch

A quick learner from San Francisco, CA says:
I mistakenly ordered 26-015 thinking that it is for upper sash security that the upper sash could be locked independently from the lower sash of a tilting double hung window. Please advise as what would be the correct item to order. Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure exactly what to recommend. Can you show me a picture of the original part you are trying to replace? That will give us a good idea of what you have and what can replace it.
A quick learner says:
Hi Dave,

There is no original part. The reason. I ordered the 26-015 was because it looked like something that I have seen on the Internet that was used as a upper sash security latch for double hung windows. The latch would be a fixed t ok the window frame with the hooked portion grabbing the top edge of the upper sash. When one wants to open the upper sash, just bent the latch towards the inside and dislocated the hook to lower the sash. I saw it once but since have not seen it again and have no link to get it. You think you might have something similar?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Sounds like you want a vent lock. Top sashes are actually a little tricky when it comes to vent locks. There is not a reliable option. We carry the 26-434, which can be used on some double hung windows, but it is specifically made for an Andersen windows. Do you think you could get it to work with your top sash?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)