Using the 43-007 Knob Set as a Dummy Handle

A home owner from 06878 says:
We want to use it as dummy knobs for French doors, simply to pull the doors open. We don't want to bore a big hole as would be necessary for a "working"knob. Can I simply bore a hole big enough to put the metal rod through and attach the knobs?

Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Personally speaking, I don't see why you couldn't get our 43-007 to work. I think you could just drill a hole big enough for the stem to fit through, and then use it with the 43-008 plate set. You may also want to contact a local professional as well to see if they have any advice or trick to help with this project.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.