Vertical roller mechanisms

A home owner from Silver Grove Ky says:

Hello My name is Ken  I need both LH & RH vertical rollera. Isee no name or numbers on window or rollers, but here are the measurements. The roller has 1 hole in the top-- two holes in the bottom.Overall length-5-3/4in . width-2in.c-c top hole -bottom hole-5-1/4 in, ( not aligned) c-c bottom holes -1-3/8 in. Roller has two arms-one made on the gear-2-7/16 in c-c . The moveable arm -2-3/8 in. c-c These windows are very old. Hope you can help me, Thank you-- Ken 

Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there, Ken.

It sounds like you may be looking for an awning operator but I'm not really sure. If that's the case, we would need to see your assembly completely removed from the window, including a clear view of the installation holes, as well as the arms that attach to the internal linkage of the window.

If I'm mistaken, can you show us photos of the roller mechanism you're looking to replace?

Hi Emily--Maybe things have gotten a little confused-but you did find the roller mechs. that I need---39-025- so thank you for that. So this is my order. I need both left and right hand rollers--also the 6 small screws and for sure the ones that go in the ends of the 2-38 in. armsIam in no big hurry, so you can mail these the cheapest way. If you're wondering why I.m doing this like i am-I know very little about ordering on line So I will call you probably Wed. mmorning. I have serious hearing prblems-so its pretty easy to get confused on the phone.I guess all you need is my card no. Your post was dated March 20--my birthday!==92 Thanks Emily Ken

Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Happy Belated Birthday, Ken!

I'm afraid I don't see a previous discussion post under this email address but you're certainly welcome to place an order for this part. Our department can't process orders so I recommend calling our customer service team at (888) 991-1929. They'll be able take care of you from there.

HI Emily You were right! 39-025 is not the roller I need.I don,t know if you can tell anything from this photo my son took- but after looking at a lot of rollers, I.m pretty sure the no. is 39-350. Thank you so much for taking time to help me. Ken
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230329_142123620.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Ken. Emily is out today but I'd be happy to help you as best as I can.

Seeing the hole pattern is a huge help, but at the end of the day it only tells half the story. I can't quite see the link arm from this angle and that is also an important detail. It's not so much about its length as it is about the offset and hole diameter. I can at least tell from this photo is that there is no offset; that arm appears to be straight as an arrow.

So, with that in mind, plus the hole pattern, I was able to narrow the list down quite a bit. I have three possible matches for you: our 39-012, 39-061, and 39-350.

Your next step should be to review the dimensions and design of each operator to see if any would work. The most important details here are hole pattern and link arm design; to reiterate, link arm length isn't really that important, but the hole size is. There's enough play in the linkage that you can get away with a pretty big difference in link arm size.

For now, look these over and let me know your thoughts. 

Hey, Tom Thank you for your reply. I hope Emily is not sick from trying to figure out these confusing e-mails I have sent. Anyway,Ihave been able to eliminate 39-012 and 39-061-so I,m sure it is 39-350. Thank so much for your help, and thank Emily for me. Ken
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You're very welcome! And I will, don't worry.

Thank you for your business and please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future. Also, if you wanted peace of mind, you can see our return policy here. If the 39-350 ends up not being the right fit then you can always get a refund. I'd be happy to try to help you find something should that be the case, just let me know.

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.