Vetter Window Operator

A home owner from Boulder CO says:
Have a Vetter window (installed 1992) with Truth operator hardware. The cylinder shaped piece standing upright in picture below is not functioning as the lower end has fractured/stripped grooved ring. The window cranks out OK, but with the lower grooved ring being cracked, the window is not able to be cranked close. I see 40575 stamped on arm of operator if that helps. The cylinder shaped piece that turns the gears is what I need to replace. Let me know if you can help!

Thanks,
Doug R.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8C338D86-DDEF-4B0C-B06E-84B3AE073027.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 467B6503-3E6F-464E-92DF-F828BF04641D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B76414D8-D899-4E1A-83C7-B3EE2B5E3AEE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4770B782-37C0-4366-A100-E0EA9735FB1E.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Looks like your worm gear is stripped out. This can't be repaired or replaced, unfortunately; you need an all new operator.

The best match in our inventory appears to be our 39-217. Carefully compare this to your existing part to confirm that everything lines up. If they differ, let me know and we can find you something better.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.