Vetter door weatherstrip

A quick learner from U.S.A. says:
I need to replace the sill weatherstrip in two 20 year old Vetter doors.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named weatherstrip 2.PNG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We do not carry a direct replacement for this seal but take a look at our 58-055 bubble seal and see if the orientation and dimensions could work for you. Thanks for posting!

This is pretty close and might be worth a try. Do you have anything with a bulb that is closer to a half inch in diameter?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that we don't, at least not in this style. If you want, you can order a sample of our 58-055 from this page to try it out before you commit to a purchase.

I will try that. Do you think 58-008 and 58-181 might be close matches? Can I get samples of those as well?
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid samples aren't available for those two strips, but truth be told I'm less optimistic about them working. The 58-181 especially is designed specifically for Pella doors and isn't meant to work for off-brand applications. 

Okay. I'm down to my last straws in terms of ideas, and I am willing to look at any samples you might suggest in order to try to find the closest fit - it doesn't need to be perfect, just better than what I have now, which is nothing.
Profile picture of Tom

I think your first step would be to try a sample of the 58-055. If that ends up not being the right size, let me know and we can work from there.

Okay. I placed an order on this last week. Are you able to provide status?
Profile picture of Tom

I have limited access to tracking and things like that (I'm just a handy man with a keyboard), but according to what I see your order shipped and is on its way. You should have received an email with a tracking number that you can use to see where it is, exactly.

58-055 is too small/short in the bulb. The more I look at 58-181, the more I think it will work for my situation. I'm willing to pay for a small sample if need be.
Profile picture of Tom

I'm sorry to say that we can't provide a sample of the 58-181. You can see our return policy here, though, if it would give you peace of mind.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.