Viking Channel Balance

A quick learner from Boulder, CO says:

Hello Swisco,

I'm trying to get the correct balances (2) for my old Viking Sash Window. I don't have the old ones. The slot width for the balance is shown in the picture measures 5/8". The distance vertically along the slot measures almost 24-3/4" as measured from the tip of the angled plastic hardware fixed inside the slot. The sash weighs 12.4 lbf. Can you tell me which balances to order?

Thank-you,

Eric 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named channel balance pic1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named channel balance pic2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named channel balance pic3.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I can tell you that your top sash guide looks like a match to our 18-008 but, unfortunately, we can't determine what balances you need without seeing the originals to compare to our selection. Is there another identical window in the house with intact balances that you can show us? Thank you!

I do have another window which I believe to be identical that has balances. Attached is a picture of the stamped identifier on this balance. Can you identify which balances I should order? The stamped number on the balance frame is 2320. Also stamped is BSI and NB
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance number.jpg
The channel
length is 24"
width is 9/16"
depth = 5/8"
plastic width = 1 3/32

so this is the following balance, correct?

24" Series 385 Channel Balance
Part Code: S385-24
Option: 2320

Which is not in stock.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, the stamp on the balance channel only indicated the spring strength but not the correct replacement. If you could show us the attachments on the top and bottom of the balance, we should be able to point you in the right direction. Thank you!

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.