Viking Window Ballast Replacements

A quick learner from Seattle Washington says:

I need ballast replacements for 2 Viking windows the length of the ballast is 26 inches the bottom clips are missing There is a marking of 2520. Do I need ballast for both sides of each window? I hope you can assist me.

Thank you very much

Bob 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210601_153725.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210601_153740.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210601_153628.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210601_153650.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Bob. I'm very confident that we can get you this balance, but it appears that your top nylon fitting has broken off. I'm afraid I'll need to see that before I can make a recommendation. Do you have an undamaged version we can see?

As for how many you need, every sash is designed to use one balance per side. There are very, very few exceptions to this and I see no evidence that suggests your window is one of those exceptions. 

Thanks for all of your help. Here are some more pictures. I will also need the plastic clips for the tops of the windows. Do you have those or do you need more pics?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210607_150308(1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210607_150305.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210607_150300.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210607_150255.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210607_150237.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thank you! I recommend looking at our S395-26 to start out. This has a 19-005 top and 15-001 bottom nylon fitting, so as long as those match up then you should be good to go.

As for the plastic clips, that sounds like it might be a top sash guide. I'm not sure, though. If it is then we will definitely need photos; specifically of an undamaged part that shows us a clear view of both the front and side. Think of it like a mug shot. If I have that, I should be able to get you exactly what you need. We carry a ton of different kinds.

Hi Tom
Is it possible that my top sash, it looks like the 18-105 may be installed with both a screw and an alan wrench screw?
Profile picture of Tom

We don't have a product with the number 18-105. Did you mean the 18-015? If so, it is possible someone installed it using an alan wrench screw, though that definitely doesn't make things any easier. Window installers do all sorts of wild things, I stopped being surprised by stuff like that a long time ago. 

I think it's 18-009 but I cant get the broken ones off with a n alan wrench. Now I have to find someone who can remove the damn things!
Thank for all of your help by the way
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.