Viking Window Part Replacement

A home owner from San Francisco says:
Hi Team - I would like to order one of the attached pieces for an older Viking window (Single moving window) The spring fell out of the piece in the picture. It's 28" long end to end. Thank you!

BTW - I started this process a while back but didn't complete it. My fault. Not sure if you have any records on file? or we just need to start over?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Picture3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Picture4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Picture5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Picture6.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

I'm afraid I don't see a previous discussion under this email address so we will have to start from scratch. We can help supply replacements for this type of balance but it will have to be a custom order due to the pulley wheel built into the bottom fitting itself, as well as an extended cord travel and a metal channel length ending in 5/8".

In order for me to get this moving for you, can you show us a photo of the metal hook at the end of the pulley cord? We will also need to know the stamp imprinted on the metal channel. 

Hi Emily,

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

The stamp on the piece says "2630" I unfortunately don't have the clip that goes on the end, nor do I have the spring. Can we try a few different clips. I will obviously pay for them. The windows were bought at Home Depot probably 20 years ago and they say Viking on the locks.When I take the window out of the frame there is nothing on either side of the window (no parts) just the locks at the top. Do I need two channels with springs or just the one? I'm attaching another picture.Not sure if it's helpful or not?

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks so much!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Picture1.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Oh no! That's unfortunate. I'm afraid we won't be able to proceed without that metal hook. Its identity is very crucial and there are too many others that aren't interchangeable. Do you have any identical windows in the house? If so, we can use that as a reference. 

A window should have balances on both sides of the window and we always recommend replacing balances in pairs. As for the top sash guide, our 18-171 looks like a match but take a look at the specifications and see what you think.

Hi Emily,

Thanks for the message. We have two other smaller windows that were installed at the same time in the house, same manufacturer. I'm attaching the photos of the clip. I agree with your assessment on the 18-171. Also, just to be clear after reading your website on the channel (metal piece) i remeasured (metal end to metal end) and the piece is 26 3/4" without both plastic pieces in other words. Finally I also agree that we need two balances please. Thanks so much!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Clip 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Clip 2.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you! This is a huge help. However, I can't promise that our replacements will work for you since your metal channel length differs from ours. I know it may seem like a small measurement but it's important.

With that said, I will email you a purchase link for (2) balances that you can use to place an order on our website. The top sash guide can't be added to this link so don't forget to add it to your cart separately!

Please note, the bottom fittings for the replacements will be winged but that won't affect function. I just wanted to give you a heads-up!

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.