Viking Window non-tilt balance channel replacement parts need

A quick learner from Home says:
the balance channels for my viking non-tilt window are broken and have fallen out. They consist of a metal casing with a spring and rope.

the parts I am looking for go in both sides of the window sash. the part I removed has the numbers 2090-8S1-LG-28 stamped on I (picture included)t. I measured the length to be approximately 21 inches, not including the plastic end parts. with the plastic end parts, the length is approximately 23 inches (picture included)

I also notice a number etched into the metal in between the panes of the glass: Viking L2 14 JUNE2002 13 884463 01 (picture included)

The window sash had a sticker on it with Series: 8300 - AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S.. 2-97, H-LC40-49X96 (picture included)

Let me know if you need anything else

Mike

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance channel stamped info.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Viking window part needed.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello Mike. Our S395-21 channel balance looks similar to yours. It comes assembled with a 19-005 balance top and 15-001 bottom balance shoe. Compare your nylon fittings with ours to see if these are compatible with yours. As for your stamping, since it does not match up with any of our stampings, you will need to weigh your sash on a scale and refer to the sash weight chart listed on the store page. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.