Viking crank and latch

A handy person from Colorado Springs says:
Viking window installed in 1993. The latch broke inside and we can't get the cover off to access inner workings. Contractor gave me the numbers 39-104 and 39-107 and I don't know if those are relevant. I assume the crank is still good but don't know how the two work together. Where can we find a replacement repair piece(s)?
Casement operator
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This is always a tough situation. If the casement lock is locked tight, and the handle breaks off, there isn't a lot you can do. First, get a screwdriver and stick it in that hole to see if you can manually unlock it. If not, the only other method left would be to find some way to cut or drill it off the frame. This is not an easy project, so be warned!

Either way, once we can see the casement lock off the window we can do our best to find a match!
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.