Viking window part

A home owner says:
I'm not sure what you would call this. One broken another window, and I need to replace it. Do you still have this part available to purchase? Thx!
User submitted a photo of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This part is known as a tilt window latch. Now, I'm not exactly sure what this is, but I think our 26-244 and 26-243 could be the replacements you're looking for. Just make sure that the dimensions match up.
A quick learner from California says:
Thank you! I ordered these, and I feel like they fit, but I put them in reverse, so the window isn't sitting in place very securely. I'm thinking I need either slightly longer ones, or to just reorder another set and put them in the right way. Apparently, once they're in the only way to get them out is to break them out? Dumb on my part!!!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear that. Yes, you may break the latches when trying to remove them. I don't think getting longer latches will really make a difference, they just need to be installed normally.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)