Vintage Double Casement Latch

A contractor from Austin says:
I'm looking for a replacement latch for some Vintage (1940s/50s) steel French (double) casement windows. It features a single latch that pulls the two sashes shut.

I notice the hole in the 38-005 that maybe something else goes into?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The hole in the hook end of the 38-005 attaches to a tie bar of some kind, I believe. Based on the age of your window, though, I can't really tell you if the 38-005 will work. There's a good chance that you won't find a replacement on the market. If you were to show me a photo of your lock, though, I would have a better idea of what you're working with and whether it's anything we can help with.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at