Vinyl Patio Door Sill Latch for Silverline/American Craftsman door sold at Home Depot

A quick learner from Indiana says:
I am looking for this part from a Series 5500 Vinyl Patio Door. This and all of my windows came from Home Depot in 1998, and it appears that the Silverline and American Craftsman brand names were interchangeable. One picture that I am sending shows a front view, and the other shows a back view that also shows where the part is broken on the plunger. Any chance you carry this latch or have a close substitute? The total width of the latch is 1 5/8". The screw holes are 1 1/8" apart on center. While I have your attention, your company was a lifesaver because you carry screen clips that I bought several months ago for my Silverline/American Craftsman window screens. You are definitely my first choice to find any more window parts that I might need. Thank you.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that Silverline discontinued this patio door secondary lock due to poor design. That said, take a look at our 80-006 patio bar or the 82-051 secondary lock. You may be able to use one of these as a substitute.
How to install the 80-006 sliding glass door security bar
How to install the 80-006 sliding glass door security bar
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.