Vinyl Sash Pivot and Tension Coil Housing

A handy person from Chicago says:
Mostly I need 20 of the sash pivots but would be happy to replace the plastic housings for the 20 tension coils as well. The plastic housing became brittle w/ age and cracked when I was removing one of the window sashes to replace a broken pane. I'm guessing all five of the condo's double-hung vinyl window sash pivots will be equally brittle. Can you help?

There is a 9 stamped on the coil.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tension Coil Housing.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Vinyl Sash Pirot and Tension Coil Housing 3 of 5.j
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Vinyl Sash Pivot and Tension Coil Housing 1 of 5.j
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Vinyl Sash Pivot and Tension Coil Housing 2 of 5.j
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Vinyl Sash Pivot and Tension Coil Housing 4 of 5.j
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. We believe you can use our 15-228 pivot shoe with a Series 160 1/2" thick coil spring and 15-150S nylon coil spring housing. To confirm this setup for you, we'd just like to see the pivot bar that goes in the pivot shoe. Based on the stamp on your coil spring, you may need either the S160-6 or S160-9. Knowing the exact weight of the sash would help narrow this down. Many thanks.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.