Vinyl Window Balancers and shoes

A quick learner from Levittown NY says:
Hello,

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me.

I need to repair about 8 windows the bottom sash won't stay up, these are pictures of the shoes and the ends of the spiral balancer the shoe on the left is the lower sash. It appears that the shoe may have disintegrated there's nothing in place to hold the balancer end like there is on the upper sash shoe shown on the right in picture #2 how do I measure or what do I need to note to order the correct shoes for these vinyl replacement windows.

Thank you
Peter
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220323_150304.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220323_150308.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! My first suggestion for your shoe would be our 15-047. This is very similar to yours in terms of style but you should compare dimensions to ensure that yours is the same size at 1-1/4" x 5/8".

As for how to measure, you will need to remove the shoe from the window ahead of time. There's no way to get accurate dimensions without doing that, I'm afraid.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.