Vinyl Window Snap In Glazing

A quick learner from Green Bay, WI says:
I have a building with white vinyl windows and the sun over time has made the vinyl glazing strips brittle. These are fairly old windows, perhaps 30-40 years old and we have no idea who made these windows. I have attached a picture of the profile of one of these strips. It is best described as a P Shaped profile, but maybe you have something else that might work as well. I have looked up "P" Shaped Vinyl Glazing on your site and looked at some of those. We realize it will likely not be an exact match, but are hoping to get something that will hold the glass pane in, while the silicone sets up that the installers will use to replace some broken window panes. Thank You!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210325_143146.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210325_145253.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I know you have the "P" shape at the top, but take a look at the 55-157 to start out. I think this is our best option for your original glazing. I've also associated some others to this thread that you may want to consider. You can order a sample of each from this page

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.