Vinyl Window Snap In Glazing

Quick Learner from Green Bay, WI
Mar 25, 2021 4:05 pm
I have a building with white vinyl windows and the sun over time has made the vinyl glazing strips brittle. These are fairly old windows, perhaps 30-40 years old and we have no idea who made these windows. I have attached a picture of the profile of one of these strips. It is best described as a P Shaped profile, but maybe you have something else that might work as well. I have looked up "P" Shaped Vinyl Glazing on your site and looked at some of those. We realize it will likely not be an exact match, but are hoping to get something that will hold the glass pane in, while the silicone sets up that the installers will use to replace some broken window panes. Thank You!
20210325_143146 20210325_145253
2 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Mar 30, 2021 9:45 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I know you have the "P" shape at the top, but take a look at the 55-157 to start out. I think this is our best option for your original glazing. I've also associated some others to this thread that you may want to consider. You can order a sample of each from this page

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts