Vinyl retainer strips

A handy person from USA says:
Need to replace all 4 - 2 long & 2 short- for SCR 38 and 3680 GN. Can you tell me where I can find them? Online? .the strips are green?.the two short ones measure 25 11/16 inches and the two vertical ones measure 62 1/4 inches. .the small side is 1/4 inch and the long side 1/2 inch?.the width appears to be 1/2 in or slightly less. I have attached 3 views of the short one. The long ones are identical just longer. I use a rubber mallet to install them and a flat edge screw driver to remove them. I hope this helps.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0 (1).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1 (2).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2 (1).jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Is this retainer strip for a storm door? If so, we unfortunately don't sell a match. These are specific from manufacturer to manufacturer and tend to be made for just one line of doors. Manufacturers also tend to change the design constantly, so it's hard for companies like us to keep up.

I do have a solution for you, one that will hopefully save you quite a bit of time and money. What you can do is use smaller, individual clips to hold the glass panel in the door. Our 70-180 clip, along with a 70-112 thumb screw, are my top pick.

This is how storm doors worked back in the day and we find it works perfectly well now. It's certainly a lot easier to deal with than trying to find these retainer strips, which can be a headache and a half. Our way just takes a little bit of extra handy work, like drilling new holes and such. 

The screen and storm window get replaced for each appropriate season in Wisconsin. I didn't like your response as a solution. Any other thoughts?
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid not. If you don't want to use the smaller clips to replace your old retainer strip, then your only other choice is to contact the manufacturer directly and see if they still sell this exact style. 

As mentioned before, these strips are not easy to find and there's no guarantee that they're even made anymore. Your options are limited.

Could you send me the phone number for the manufacturer ? I have an address in Canada, but no phone number. That would get me started. Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Tom

That's not information I have. I'm sorry to say I don't know who the manufacturer is. The codes you provided before don't have any reference in my records, and the design of the strip itself isn't enough to go by. Since the company in question doesn't even have a phone number, then there's a chance they're not even in business anymore.

How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.