Vinyl window casement operator unknown brand

A handy person from minneapolis says:
I cannot find any identitification on the window. I need a replacement operator arm. The operator track on the bottom of the window is also missing. The operator arm is actually fine except it does not have the roller pin at the end to insert into the (missing) operator track. The operator attaches by two screws from the back of the lower sash
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6643.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Your operator appears to be a match for our 39-089 and 39-090. Look it over and let me know what you think.

These operators don't connect to the sash via a track, though. These clip onto brackets like our 39-514 and 39-513, which just screw to the bottom of the sash. Can you clarify exactly what par tthis track is?

Thanks for the quick reply. Which bracket do I need then to go with the 39-089 operator? 39-513 or 514?
Profile picture of Tom

The 39-089 operator is designed to work with the 39-513 bracket.

Will the neutral bracket work ok? I already ordered it?
Profile picture of Tom

I'm actually not sure, I've never tried using it with these operators. The 39-089 will certainly attach to it without issue since it has the same peg, but you're probably going to have to drill new holes in your sash for it to mount.

If that does end up being necessary, just be very careful when drilling into a sash like this. The last thing you want to do is hit the glass.

I'm really confused?. How does this dyad operator arm attach to this window? It is a match for the one I took out, but there was no hardware on the window to attach it to. Most operators slide in a track with a roller, but this doesn't have a roller so I ordered a neutral stud bracket that it appears the screw pattern on bottom of sash aligns with. But attaching it does not open or close the window but a few inches?. Did I get the wrong bracket? Do I need a track and a roller to attach to the operator? Help!!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 40A43708-89DE-4251-8E65-5E2C89108A27.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F3E4B19C-7842-4C6F-9C8C-33375A74B098.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

The operator attaches exactly as you described: the bracket screws to the bottom of the sash, and the operator snaps to that bracket. No rollers or track are involved at all with this kind of hardware.

When you looked over our operators, did you notice any significant differences in size? There are some older models that have a differently sized link arm. Ours is 5" long, which is the most common size, but in the case that you have something different it may be causing the issues you're experiencing. In such a case you may need to remount the bracket's position in the sash to compensate for the new size.

Dimensions for 39-089
Dimensions for 39-089

The operator is an exact match. Do I need the 513 bracket maybe? I don't see how there is room for that bracket when closing though. Is there an instruction sheet you can send me? The video you show is for an arm that runs in a track. This one is different to attach to the stationary peg.
Profile picture of Tom

We do not have an instructional sheet for this setup, no. These are pretty straight forward: the operator screws to the window frame and the bracket screws to the sash. That's really all there is to it.

Like I mentioned before, back on the 3rd of this month, the 39-089 is specifically designed to work with the 39-513 bracket. Since your old bracket is missing then that's really all I can tell you with confidence. If you don't think that the 39-513 will work, then you need to find the old bracket so that you can determine what will. 

To reiterate, without the old part to use as a reference, all you can do is guess. My best guess is the 39-513

Your only options at this point is to either give the 39-513 a shot or try to find your old bracket so that you can confirm beyond any shadow of a doubt what you need. That way you don't have to guess at all: you can just look at the old part and pick accordingly.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.