Vinyl window - metallic lock keeper

A home owner from Chicago says:
Hi - I'm trying to replace the metallic keeper portion of a vinyl sliding window lock. I'm not sure how to measure the width, but it appears to be 2 1/16" from center hole to center hole. Is it possible to match what I have, which allows for a margin of error in case the existing screw holes aren't exactly 2 1/16" apart?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2AA742A0-C800-4188-9379-0760FCBB8A36.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6DDFFD93-8A62-4FF1-BBBE-A9F0C3D89EDF.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

How does our 90-279 compare? Look it over and let me know what you think.

A home owner from Chicago says:
Yes, that part looks close. However, if you look at the top view of my existing part, you'll notice the screw holes are oblong slots and not holes. This allows for a slight margin of error if the existing holes aren't exactly 2 1/16" apart. Others, I'm forced to drill a new hole, which I'm trying to avoid.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We unfortunately don't have a keeper with a 2-1/16" hole spacing that also has oblong holes. As long as you're measuring from the center of your holes, though, then a 2-1/16" should work. You just have to make sure you're measuring as carefully as you can. That will serve you better in the long run than trying to find a part that will allow for that kind of margin of error, which may ultimately not be possible.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.