Vinyl window sash lock

A home owner from Virginia Beach VA says:

Hi,

I have vinyl windows that are approximately 10 years old. Unfortunately, the company that installed them went out of business. I am unable to locate any manufacturer info on the windows themselves. The sash lock I need has the mounting screws set back further from the glass as to not interfere with the glass inserts, than the ones that I have seen. I have not been able to locate a sash lock that will fit. The keeper is a side mount. Thank you.

Scott

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220225_221515122.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220225_221524281.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220225_221456562.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220225_221442875.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220225_221620745.MP.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Scott. We may have a substitute that can work for this, but I will need detailed dimensions before I recommend anything. To start, can you tell me the distance between the two screw holes, center-to-center? Can you also tell me the distance from the window edge to the screw hole centers?

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your fast reply.
The distance between the two screw holes, center to center is 2-1/16. The distance from the window edge to the screw hole Centsr is 15/16".

Thanks, Scott
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220228_222901259.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220228_223329171.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for this additional information, and sorry for the delayed response; Tom is out sick. Based on the data given here I believe that the 90-278 lock with a 2-1/16" hole spacing and an 11/16" backset should fit and engage your window keeper. It won't have the overlap flaps but that's ultimately not essential for it to function.

Paul,

Thank you for your response. I believe you are correct I have ordered one lock to test, The inline keeper is on backorder but my original one may work.

Thanks again, Scott 

Paul, Tom,

Thanks for your help, you guys really are experts and are exactly correct, I ordered one and it fits perfectly in the original screws holes.

Just ordered enough to do all my windows!

Thanks again,

Scott

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That's awesome! Thanks so much for the confirmation. If you ever needed something in the future, you know where to find us.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.