Want something better

A quick learner from New Braunfels, TX says:
I have a house full of Champion windows with sweep locks -- and most have broken over the past 7 years. They also have the distinction of tearing up the blinds when they are in the open position. Do you carry a sweeper product that does not leave the lever sticking strait out when open?

Thanks
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I see you were looking at our 90-272. Is this what you have? If so, I don't think they make a version with a shorter latch. Could you show us a picture of your existing lock and the window itself? Perhaps then we can come up with a solution.
A quick learner from New Braunfels says:
Here is the latch I am looking to replace. I want one that does not stick out at 90 degrees when unlocked, but goes all the way over(180 degrees)when open.

Thanks
User submitted photo of their window latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. We have looked all over for a lock that operates as you've described with no luck. Nobody makes a lock like this that opens at 180 degrees. I had a thought, though. Could you use something like our 26-387 vent lock kit? These mount on the frame. See what you think. We also have a video on how they install that might give you an idea of what you can do.
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.