Wayward window balance questions

A quick learner from USA says:
I spoke to Swisco on Friday regarding a window in our house that has a broken balance. It appears that the balance I need is the S770-30C which is back ordered. When I was researching what balance I needed, I ended up having the shoe from the other side rocket up the channel and get lodged on a screw halfway up. When I watched the video on your website, there appears to be a cutout to get the shoe out of the channel that doesn't exist on my window. The screw will not back out or go in any further and the shoe is lodged pretty tightly.

Steve recommended that I email you pictures for advice prior to making a cutout in the channel to get the shoe out so they are attached. My questions are the following:

1) When is the back ordered balance expected to be in stock?
2) Do you have recommendations for getting the shoe unlodged?
3) Do you have any insights on the purpose on the screw in the channel?

Thank you.

Joe
Wayward window balance questions
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! As of my posting this, our S770-30 balance with a 30C option is in stock. To un-lodge the shoe, place a flat head screw driver in the metal center cam and turn it to release it. Finally, the screw in the center of the track is an adjustment screw for the side window rails to bring in when installing a window. That way there is no gap on the sides of the sash to the window tracks.
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.