Weather Stripping

A home owner from Illinois says:
Hello, we need help finding replacement weather stripping for our sliding door. It is kerf mounted to the door frame. We tried the foam filled ones and they are too big and they don't allow the door to lock once they are installed. If you need more pictures let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8B3620CB-7707-4734-8E84-6845DBC568CF.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing. We can help you replace this weatherstripping, but we'll need you to remove a sample from the window so we can see a picture of its 'end profile'. That end profile view will help us narrow down possible replacements. Many thanks. 

A home owner from Illinois says:
Thanks! Does this photo work?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F43864DF-7425-4BA6-8B8C-DC0EDEDBB042.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hmm... I'm afraid we haven't been able to find anything like this. We have a couple possibilities, but you'll have to review our dimensions to confirm.

Start with our 58-056E. I can tell you that this will probably install in the old slot the same way, but I'm not sure if it will be big enough. Yours looks particularly large so that may be an issue. The 58-056E may not have the clearance.

We also have 58-169 nail-on seal and 58-180 adhesive seal. These both work the same way, more or less, just mount through different means. What's nice about these is that you can adjust them on the door wherever they need to go for the best seal and install them accordingly.

Let me know what you think of these suggestions.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.