Weather Stripping Needed

A home owner from Tustin says:
I'm interested in your product number 58-021. We have vacation trailer in Arizona that needs Window weatherstrip replacement. I bought Home Depots 3/16 by .156. The width was perfect but the pile height was too short. I'm looking for about a 3/16th height. In attempting to use the Home Depot product I noticed that none of the windows have an area to slide in the weatherstripping. Each end is blocked by a piece of metal. I tried starting at the bottom and sliding it in. It doesn't work. I had to snap in the zipper style weatherstripping which worked well. The problem is, they don't have the pile in my size, you do. But, yours is not the snap in style. Is there a way to get your style in without an opening at either end? Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us! This happens from time to time. Some windows have closed channels, preventing the wool pile from being replaced easily. I can only assume they were designed hoping you'd replace the window, not the seal. Fortunately, we have a work around. What we like to do is slide in one half of the base into the track and then work the other half in with a putty knife. With a little persistence you should be able to work in the whole length. Hopefully this helps!
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.