Weather Stripping for doors

A handy person from Idaho says:
I need to replace my weatherstripping. Currently I think it is 9/32 x 11/32 pile - Product Code: 58-105.

My question is whether it is possible or advisable to replace this with some form of rubber seal instead of using the same product??

I am attaching pictures!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200131_161759.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200131_161941.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. In general, I think you're fine with the kind of weatherstripping you originally had, in this case, wool pile. The issue with switching to bubble seal is, among other things, you'd need to get the base dimension to match exactly; you'd also want to make sure the bulb isn't too big or tall in comparison to the original wool pile, and thus disruptive to the window's operation. The only T-Slot Bubble Seal that has the same 9/32" base size as your old wool pile is the 58-134; but again, the height and size of the bulb might work adversely with your window. If you want, you could order samples of both the 58-105 and 58-134 from our samples page here and try them both out. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at