Weather seal for metal double doors

A handy person from Louisville, KY says:
I am looking for the seals that slide in a "T" slot along the edge of the doors. I've attached a picture of the doors and the slot. The doors were made and installed in 1950. The data plate reads Pittsburgh Plate Glass Tubelite doors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
User submitted photos of commercial door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You will need to measure the width of the "T" groove and the gap between the doors to get the height of the wool pile. I would suggest using a piece of paper or "shirt" cardboard and cut it to fit that groove. That would help you figure out the width of the groove. I do have some suggestions on the wool pile used by various commercial door companies in the meantime: see our 58-050, 58-127 and 58-161.
A professional from Detroit MI says:
Could you please let me know if you have a product that matches the attached picture? I need it in a dark color.
Thanks,
Paul
User submitted a photo of wool pile.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Please see our 58-050 wool pile, which measures 7/16" x 7/16". Could this work for you?
A professional from Detroit MI says:
I believe this would work other than I need it in a dark color, do you have it on brown or black wool?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we only have it in gray color. I'm not sure if anyone is carrying it in black. This type of wool pile is not as popular as it once was for commercial doors.
A quick learner from Louisville, Ky says:
I asked the original question on this thread and with the advice from Dave at SWISCO, bought the 58-050 wool pile. The pile was a tad bit tall in the beginning but quickly molded itself to the edges of the doors. Really happy with the results. Our receptionists are very happy now that most of the draft has been eliminated.
Thanks SWISCO
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.