Weather strip at the bottom of the window.

A quick learner from Barnegat N.J. says:

The weather strip on most of my windows has started to rot. The windows are 18 years old, but the strip is letting moisture into the window sills. How do I replace the weather strip? And what is the cost? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I don't know what you need, which also means I'm not sure how to replace it. There are a ton of different possibilities and we need to narrow it down as best as we can.

To start with, I will need you to try to remove a small sample that is as undamaged as possible and show me a clear picture of the end profile. I know that you said that it's rotting and that getting an undamaged sample will be hard, but please try your best. If any bits of it are damaged or deteriorated then we will not be able to make a recommendation. It's very important.

The video below will go into more detail as to what we need and should be of some help to you moving forward.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.