Weather stripping for patio doors

A home owner from Hummelstown, PA says:

I bought patio doors on 11/4/2004. The weatherstripping on the bottom is falling apart. Can you help me figure out what to purchase to replace the stripping? i have the original order tag for the door. It has a number of codes including: wc# 318 00; also:

901627-010 dock 78; pri 1892; load 42551; mo c903555; part number 50961000; load date 11/04/04.

I would great appreciate any help.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid the tag doesn't tell me what kind of weatherstripping is used on this door. The only way we can ID a match is for you to remove a small, undamaged sample and show me a clear shot of the end profile.

I know that you said that yours is falling apart, so that will be easier said than done. However, please try your best. There is no other way to identify what you need. We have to see the end profile.

A home owner from Hummelstown, PA says:
Here are the photos Ihave
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2145.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2145.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! This photo is perfect. That's exactly what I need to see.

We have two bubble seal types that may work for you: our 58-053 and our 58-114. Between the two of them I'm leaning more towards our 58-114, which has the larger bubble at 3/8", but you should measure your original to see what you think.

You'll also note that our bubbles are hollow, rather than foam-filled like your original, but that shouldn't matter. Hollow bubble performs the same job just as well as foam seal. Right now my chief concern is size.

Profile drawing of the 58-053 bubble seal.
Profile drawing of the 58-053 bubble seal.

Profile diagram of the 58-114
Profile diagram of the 58-114

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.