WeatherShield, channel balance type

A home owner from Wisconsin says:
I need to replace a channel balance with the attached shoe from a WeatherShield double hung tilt window (lower shash). The length is 24". The stamp on the original is 24 HD GL. Your product codes only list "D" and not "HD". Not sure what the difference is in that. Also, I have no idea what the GL stands for.
Thanks for the help in choosing the correct balances.
Jim
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! Before we work on your balance stamp, can you first confirm the length of your metal channel? A stamp of 24HD usually indicates a metal channel length of 25". Please let me know, and remember--don't count the plastic shoe in your measurements. Just the metal channel.

Once we have your appropriate balance length, we can determine the best stamp option for you to use.
A home owner from Wisconsin says:
Tom,
Yes, the length of the metal channel is 25". The stamp is 24 HD GL. Brand of window is Weather Shield, tilt type.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Now, there actually is a 24HD stamp for the S750-25. It can carry a window sash weight range of 18 through 22 pounds. Does your sash's weight fall within that range?

Please keep in mind that the weight range information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.