WeatherStripping

A quick learner from The Bronx says:
Hi,

I'm working on a project to replace all of the wool pile weatherstripping in my apartment. It's gotten really warn out and its ineffective in the winter, letting a lot of cold air in.

Your website is great and helpful. If you can help me to identify the right size of weatherstripping I need, I'll purchase it from you.

I have a few pictures attached:
001: is the inside of the bottom window on the left hand side. I measured the gap between the sash and the frame.
002: is the same just on the right. its a narrower gap than the left.
003: is the outside of that same sash. I measure the height of the stripping from the frame of the sash.
004: I removed the weatherstripping from the right side (found in picture 002) and measured the width.
005: Same weatherstripping, just measuring the side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. It's hard to tell the exact size based on your pictures, but it seems that it could be 3/16" wide. I cannot tell what the height is. See our 58-002, 58-021, and 58-127 to start out. They all have a 3/16" base but different heights.
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.