Weathershield Lee or Mark Haven Steel Entry Door replacement parts

A home owner from Washington DC says:

Hi. We need the following items:

1. Sweeps for the master and slave. See edge profile pic attached. The master is 35.75" wide. The slave is the same 35.75" wide plus a .75" trim piece [which houses the astragal], so the slave becomes 36.5" wide.

2. All weather-stripping to include:

A. One piece for the top [~ 72"].

B. Two pieces for each hinged side [~80" each].

C. One piece for the middle edge of the trim on the slave. This appears to be a more complex weather-stripping than the ones for the top and side. See edge profile pic attached.

Thanks.

Eddie

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sweep edge .jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named weathershield weatherstripping for middle edge of
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Eddie. For your weatherstripping, take a look at our 58-008 kit. This may be just what you need for this kind of door. We don't have the sweep, but you may be able to use our 58-176; this just wraps around the bottom and installs on the sides using screws. Would this work for you?

A home owner from Washington DC says:
For the 58-008, since I have two 36" doors making up the one 72" french door opening, do I need to buy two of the kits [58-008]?

I think the 58-176 sweep will work. from previous posts, i understand that if it's a tad too long, I can use a hacksaw?

thanks
eddie
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Eddie. Yes, you can cut the 58-176 down with a hacksaw. 

The 58-008 kit contains one 37" magnetic strip, one 81" magnetic strip, and an 81" kerf. These are designed to work on one door, so since you have two doors you will presumably need two kits.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.