Weathershield Top Sash Balance Replacement

A home owner from Williamsport, PA says:
I am trying to replace a top sash balance for a Weathershield Double Hung Tilt Window due to a broken spring. The balance is a beige channel 25" long, 9/16" wide, and 5/8" deep. It has the short S-clip. The stamp is "24" with no other digits or letters. The upper sash weighs 14.2 pounds.

I have attached photos for your reference. Neither of the channel balances that I have found on your website seems to match the color or the guide that receives the sash shaft. I also can't tell from the website photos if your channels have the same cross section as mine. I am assuming that I will need to buy one of your balances and remove the spring for installation into my old channel. Do you agree?

Also, please confirm that should I be ordering the 24R even though my stamp only has "24".
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that the metal tilt shoe I see attached to the cord in your second picture has been discontinued by the manufacturer. There is no known substitute. If that shoe is still good, you can purchase our S751-25 and switch the shoes. The best stamp option for a 14.2 pound sash is 24R.
A home owner from Williamsport, PA says:
The recommended sash balance was purchased and successfully installed. Replacing the supplied shoe with that salvaged from the original balance worked well. Be aware that this Swisco part is a galvanized finish and not the beige color of the original. Because I was replacing the top sash balances, the color is not visible with the window in the closed position, so it's not a big deal.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the update! I'm certain this information will help others in the future. Thank you once again for ordering with us, and please let me know if you ever need anything else.
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.