Weathershield patio door rollers

A handy person from Beesleys Point, NJ says:
I have a Weathershield 8' patio door installed before 2000. The roller looks like and matches the dimensions of your 81-087 except for the rollers which are 1 1/4. The left most hook fits into a slot and the right most is just in the void on the side channel of the door. Being that the hooks are recessed, it seems that your 81-158 would fit the only difference being the steel rollers instead of nylon. Attached are pics of the roller and the slot in the door for the roller.
A customer submitted image of a window roller.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us! The 81-087 appears to be the only roller housing I can find that has those hooks on top of the housing. I cannot find a closer replacement.

However, I think it still may be a good match. The only problem I see is determining if you will have clearance for the larger rollers. Check to see if you can clear the bottom track. The 81-087 should only be about 1/8" to 1/4" taller than your own roller. Could it still work for you?
A quick learner from Beesleys Point, NJ says:
I don't know if I have enough clearance, I ordered the 81-158 as I don't think the hooks on the top are necessary. I will get a better idea of what clearance I have when I install the 81-158. The doors are heavy and if I have clearance the larger rollers would probably improve opening/closing. I will let you know after I install the 81-158.

Thanks

Jack P.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Let us know how it goes.
A handy person from Beesleys Point, NJ says:
I installed the 81-158 and it is working fine. The clearance on this door is really tight, If the 81-087 is 1/8 larger it would probably fit but If it is 1/4 larger I dont think it would clear the lip of the door frame.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm glad to hear that the 81-158 was an applicable substitute! That's great to know. I appreciate you trying it out. I'm sure this information will help other customers in the future.
A handy person from Akron says:
Just wanted to say 81-158 worked perfect for my Weathershield visions 2000 sliding door. I did remove the rollers, measure everything and compare to dimensions on 81-158 and they matched perfect. The notches were not necessary like the original hardware. My door slides like new. Thank you Swisco saved me from replacing the entire thing.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.