Weathershield slider windows

A home owner from Florida says:

I have Weathershield slider windows on my lanai. I was servicing them when a joiner piece broke. I see something that's very close, but mine has different dimensions than what I found on Swisco.com.

Do you have this one?

Weathershield slider windows

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The joiner for the screen frame crossbar we believe you are looking at is our 70-006. It's smaller than your nylon piece, though, so I'm not sure if it can work. We also have the 55-184 grid clip, but it's also smaller. The only other solution I can think of, assuming these are too small to work, would be to drill holes in your nylon piece and install short nails to act like pins. What do you think?

A quick learner from Florida says:
The piece I have is 3/4 inch long 1/2 inch wide and a 1/;4 inch thick. The two plastic pins that broke off are 5/8 inch apart.
Profile picture of Paul

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm not sure I understand your follow up post here. This information was also contained in your fourth photo from your original post, so it doesn't really change our assessment. Did you look over my response on the 2nd? 

A quick learner says:
What is the actual name of the piece?
Profile picture of Paul

These pieces are called a ton of different things. We generally call them grid clips, but they're also called grille clips, retainers, or even pins. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.