Weathershield windows (circa 1980) counter balances needed

A quick learner from Broomfield, Colorado says:
I think based on your website that I need a S350 series counter balance but not a 100% sure as the 19-002 Top looks a bit different with the cross members as my counter balances do not have that feature. I have taken some pictures which I can post if it would help with identification to insure I order the correct parts. Addtitionally I am looking for some counter balance retaining clips for the same windows that allow me to remove the windows for cleanning. Any help would be appreciated. I will need 2- 29 inch and 1 - 24 inch balances and about 6 clips.

Don G.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hi Don,
You may be correct, the Series 350 was used at one time by Weathershield. Please post some images, we would be happy to take a look.
A quick learner from Broomfield, Colorado says:
Here are the images for the current counter balance. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

channel balance
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, this does appear to be the Series 350.
A quick learner from PA says:
I have the same counter balance on my 1980 Weather Shield. Mine has 2030 stamped on it which is the window size, I believe.
Where can purchase replacements and how do I get the sash out without breaking the vinyl weather stripping as I did taking out the first sash? I am looking at the old counter balance and do not see where or how it is broken.
There was only one counter balance on the right side (but it worked OK for years). Shouldn't there be one on each side.
Dan M
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hi Dan,
Yes, normally there are two balances per sash. If you have the same balance series as shown above, Series 350, and the balance is stamped 2030, it should measure 21" (excluding the balance fittings).
The 21" Series 350 with stamp option 2030 is designed to hold a window sash that weighs anywhere from 12 through and including 15 pounds. To get the sash weight remove the window sash and place it on a scale.
This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.

For help on removing the window sash and replacing this type of balance see the following instructional guide:
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.