Cannot find Weatherstriping with this large kerf

A handy person from OH says:

Looking for a kerf weatherstripping that matches picture. The kerf opening is rather large...about 3/8", and having trouble finding a kerf that fits this wide opening. Thank you.

Mike

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0060.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0329.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us, Mike. I don't think this exact seal is made anymore, but I believe you can use our 58-169 as a substitute. The major difference--and benefit--of this product is that it installs using nails. This allows you to position it to the precise position you need for the best seal. It also means it can work on just about any door, assuming it's made of wood. Look it over and let me know what you think.

A handy person from OH says:
Thanks Tom. Does the nail flange lay flat on face of the trim with the flange? Is that how you would nail it in? or does it go into the kerf?

Thanks again Tom

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You could potentially do either, assuming you had the room to do so. That's the beauty of using the 58-169: It's very versatile. If you think you can sneak it in the kerf and nail it in there, then I think it'd be worth a shot.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.