Weight Code

A home owner from Cape Coral says:
Please see attached photo. Which weight code do I chose?

The sash I need is S395-18.

Thanks,
Bob
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Code.jpg
A home owner from Cape Coral says:
Removed the window/sash and weighed it. Based on a weight if 20.6 lbs. I chose 1720 option (20.6/2 = 10.3 lbs. and placed the the order for 2.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, the stamp option of 1720 is too weak for this window. Channel balance stamps indicate the weight of the overall sash, not just for half. So your sash is too heavy for the 1720 stamp option's weight range. You can see our Return Policy here

Now, our 1750 stamp option will support a sash that weighs through 20 pounds, but that still may be too weak for your 20.6 pound sash. If you want something more appropriate for your sash, it may need to be a custom order and would take some time to furbish for you. Let me know if you're interested and I can get back to you with a quote. Thanks. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.