Weight ratings for 42HD and 42TG balances

A handy person from Louisiana says:
How much weight does a series 751 42HD and 42 TG channel balance support?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

An S751-43 ribbed balance with a 42HD option can carry sashes weighing 25 through 30 pounds, while a 42TG option carries 30 through 38 pounds. These will both have to be custom made. Would you like us to do this for you? If so, please tell me how many of each you need and we can get started.

My sash weighs 50 lbs , but is 56 inches in length. I could put a longer channel balance in. What length channel balance would support 50 lbs?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid the manufacturer doesn't make any balances that can support that kind of weight. Are you sure you have the Series 751? Can you show us a picture of your old balance? Also, whats the stamp printed on the metal channel?

Here are pictures of old balance. The stamp is 42HD

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1521.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1522.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1523.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Well, that's definitely our Series 751. It's very odd that a 56" long balance has a stamp of 42HD. That only indicates a metal channel length of 43" and a sash weight of 25 through 30 pounds. I'm not sure why the manufacturer would put that stamp on that length, and on such a heavy sash to boot. Can you double check to confirm the sash weight and metal channel length you're giving me are accurate?

The height of the sash is 56". The metal channel length is only 43"
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Ah, I see. That's definitely our S751-43, then. Unfortunately, we don't have anything that can support your sash weight. 38 pounds is the absolute heaviest sash the Series 751 was designed to carry, regardless of size. I looked through all the lengths past 43" and all of them can only carry 38 pounds at absolute maximum. The manufacturer never made anything stronger.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.