What are the options for?

A quick learner from North Carolina says:
I finally find the part I need (15" Series 765 Balance
Product Code: S765-15 ) for my single hung window but do not know what the options ( 1,3,5,7,9 ) are for.
I have a 31" long broken sash cord; but because the windows are 7+ years old, I would gladly by several assemblies.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
SL 14 3 5/20/04
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I see that your channel is stamped with the number "14 3." I recommend the 14-3 option, then. This can carry a window sash weight range of 8 through 12 pounds. Does your sash's weight fall within that range? Weigh your sash and let me know!

Please keep in mind that the weight range information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
In that case, you would want the option of 14-1. This can carry a window sash weight range of 5 through 8 pounds.
A quick learner says:
approx weight = 7 pounds.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.