What balance can I use?

A quick learner from sc says:
My tube measures 28 1/2 inches and my tip color is white so what can I use
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello there, and thank you for contacting SWISCO. I see you were looking at our Series 600 Spiral Balances for Tilt Windows. Are you looking specifically for a spiral balance? If so, can you confirm that the diameter of your balance's tube is either 5/8" or 3/8"? If it is 5/8" then the Series 600 tubes are the right place to look. If the diameter is 3/8" however you ought to look at our Series 900 Spiral Balances. 

In regards to the white tip, it is possible that your balance is older--white tips are fairly uncommon, and the corresponding weight that they work with has changed over the years. The best way to be sure about what color tip you need is to weigh the window sash on a scale. If you can do this, then we should be able to use the precise weight to determine which balance would work best for your window.

Finally, a tube length of 28.5" is uncommon but not unheard of. In this situation we round up to the next whole number--so in your case, 29". A balance with a tube length of 29" should work just as well for a window with balances with 28.5" tube length.

Once you have completed these steps, we should be able to narrow down the balance that you need. Thank you.   

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.