What do the hooks on 81-022 attach to?

A handy person from Columbia, MD says:
I have a Traco door as well. I ordered the 81-022 rollers from SWISCO but haven't yet removed the door yet. Was planning on doing it today but snow is in the forecast. Wondered what that "hook" at the top of the roller connected to if anything? If it does, I was wondering if the point where it connects coud be broken as well? I couldn't tell by your pics. The only way I guess I will find out is to remove my door in a couple of days, but if you have any pics that would help me decide before removing the door. Thanks for the great pics and info. -Rick
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The double hooks on 81-022 wheel housing attach to a cutout under the bottom door rail. After you remove the door, unscrew the two bottom frame screws, then use a block of wood and hammer to knock off the bottom door rail. That will allow you access to the rollers. Just be careful when knocking off the bottom rail that you don't break the glass.
A home owner from Columbia, MD says:
I don't have a bottom frame cover. My door looks like the pic attached. I haven't taken the door out of the frame yet so that might be more obvious.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid there's no way we can identify what you have based on this image. In order to confirm that the 81-022 is correct, you will have to remove your door. I am sorry that there is not an easier way. That's just how this hardware was designed. The manufacturers certainly don't want to make it easy.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)