What else do I need with a 37 inch series 600 balance?

A quick learner from MA says:
I have to change the spiral balance rod I am ordering 37 inch series 600 but have no idea what else I need. It looks like what you call a pivot shoe mine is metal broke. What size do i order?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 600 series balance can take any number of pivot shoes. If yours is an aluminum type tilt window it will could possibly take the #15-015 shoe. The vinyl type tilt window usually takes the 75-006. You use this tool to charge the spiral balance. You will need to charge your balance when you install the new replacement (roughly 3 rotations using this tool). This tool is also good to have handy in case you need to recharge any other older balances in your home.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.