What is my Traco Internal Tilt Latch

A home owner from Staten Island, New York says:
Hi:

Looking for replacement internal tilt latches for Traco 4550 white vinyl windows.

Need left and right for lower window, both points are broken so the window only stays up when fully closed.

Looks like your part 26-350 may be the one.

Yes?

If yes, can you give me a bit of information on how to replace them.

Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm actually not familiar with what internal latch is used for that window. I'd have to see a few pictures of your hardware as removed from the window, along with detailed dimensions, in order to determine if our 26-350 could work.
A home owner from Staten Island, New York says:
Hi taken a while for the follow-up.
I actually have two problems.

1. The internal tilt latch in first question. I've attached photos of a good one and the broken ones. I'm a little reluctant to take them apart without something to replace them.

2. I also have two broken tabs from two other vinyl windows -- see attached -- need those as well. They are 1" long/1/2" wide. And neither lower window will stay up -- help there as well?

Thanks
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Without seeing the tilt latch fully removed from the window, it would be hard for me to recommend an exact replacement. That said, the thumb lever looks very much like our 26-350, and what I can see of the inside latch also looks similar. That's the most I can say, though.

As for the other tilt hardware, do you need just the thumb lever or the entire tilt latch, including inside mechanism? If you just need the thumb lever, can you tell me the distance between the two prongs that plug into the sash? That is the most important dimension for this kind of hardware. If you need the inside hardware as well, I really need to see it removed in order to determine what you have.

Finally, if your sashes won't stay up, then it is likely a problem with your window balances. I'm not sure what you have, though. I would need to see a few pictures of your balances, as well. Depending on what kind you have, it could be a one-step solution or you will have to replace them. You can also browse through our selection of window balances to determine what Series balance you have.
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.